The best tools for your trade
From construction to landscaping to wholesale delivery, there’s a Chevy Low Cab Forward to get your job done. From the powerful 6500 XD to the city-friendly 3500, it’s an efficient and dependable lineup offering a wide range of cabs, engines, wheelbases and upfits.
The Low Cab Forward lineup includes:
3500 and 4500
- 6.6L V8 gasoline engine
- 6-speed transmission with double overdrive
- 350 hp and 425 lb.-ft. of torque
- Available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab configurations
4500 HD, 4500 XD, 5500 HD and 5500 XD
- 5.2L I-4 4H turbocharged diesel engine
- 215 hp and 452 lb.-ft. of torque
- 4500HD and 4500XD available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab configurations
- 5.2L Turbo-Diesel engine
- 215 hp and 520 lb.-ft. of torque
- 6500XD available in Regular Cab configurations only
Big Power in a Small Package
Gasoline power models use the proven 6.0L Chevrolet V8 engine, with a Chevrolet 6-speed automatic transmission. This powertrain is similar to Chevrolet pickups and chassis-cabs. This is an ideal powertrain for users who don't haul heavy loads or drive a lot of miles. Economical to purchase and easy to maintain. Tilt the cab forward and the entire Chevy engine/transmission is right there!
Diesel power models use the reliable Isuzu 5.2L 4 cylinder turbocharged engine, and Aisin automatic transmission. Isuzu has made these engines for decades. They have a great reputation, being used in difficult environments all over the world.