The best tools for your trade
From construction to landscaping to wholesale delivery, there’s a Chevy Low Cab Forward to get your job done. From the powerful 6500 XD to the city-friendly 3500, it’s an efficient and dependable lineup offering a wide range of cabs, engines, wheelbases and upfits.
The Low Cab Forward lineup includes:
3500 and 4500
- 6.6L V8 gasoline engine
- 6-speed transmission with double overdrive
- 350 hp and 425 lb.-ft. of torque
- Available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab configurations
4500 HD, 4500 XD, 5500 HD and 5500 XD
- 5.2L I-4 4H turbocharged diesel engine
- 215 hp and 452 lb.-ft. of torque
- 4500HD and 4500XD available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab configurations
- 5.2L Turbo-Diesel engine
- 215 hp and 520 lb.-ft. of torque
- 6500XD available in Regular Cab configurations only
Big Power in a Small Package
Gasoline power models use the proven 6.0L Chevrolet V8 engine, with a Chevrolet 6-speed automatic transmission. This powertrain is similar to Chevrolet pickups and chassis-cabs. This is an ideal powertrain for users who don't haul heavy loads or drive a lot of miles. Economical to purchase and easy to maintain. Tilt the cab forward and the entire Chevy engine/transmission is right there!
Diesel power models use the reliable Isuzu 5.2L 4 cylinder turbocharged engine, and Aisin automatic transmission. Isuzu has made these engines for decades. They have a great reputation, being used in difficult environments all over the world.
Get all the details on which Chevrolet Low Cab Forward works best for your job.
Check out the specs on cabs, models, wheelbases and much more.